A senior military leader and former Deloitte Director who is now an independent consultant and executive coach focused on helping clients across the industry spectrum with a particular emphasis on personal performance coaching, leadership training and development, as well as consulting opportunities particularly in the public sector and the aviation, aerospace, and defence industries.
39 years of experience spanning the Royal Air Force and Deloitte LLP with a proven ability to get the best results from a large and diverse workforce even in the most demanding and hostile environments.
Bob has routinely operated at the highest levels of Government in the UK and overseas. A broad-based skill set with a strong operational, risk management, policy, training delivery, industrial liaison and transformation focus. He holds the highest level security clearance, has extensive large budget management, communication, public speaking and media facing experience. Excels at delivering to tight deadlines under extreme pressure.
Bob Judson is a dynamic, driven and highly motivational leader with a passion for personal mentoring as well as leading and developing teams. Having started out as a fast-jet pilot with the Royal Air Force flying Jaguars, Phantoms and Typhoons, over the course of his career he rose to the rank of Air Vice-Marshal, and was part of the Royal Air Force’s Senior Leadership Team.
Bob is a graduate of the Joint Service Defence College, the MOD Higher Command and Staff Course and the Royal College of Defence Studies. He had the privilege of commanding a squadron on operations, an RAF base for the introduction of a new aircraft, and a NATO base in Afghanistan. And to top it all, he also had the honour of leading HM The Queen’s Birthday Flypast for her 80th birthday and displaying the Spitfires and Hurricanes of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight in 2005/6.
After leaving the RAF, Bob worked in the private sector initially as a Director at a global professional services firm, and then most recently as a management and training consultant across a variety of industry sectors. Bob brings a unique blend of experience and insight to his work with high performing individuals delivering leadership and team development, crisis management and resilience.
Away from work Bob is a keen motorcyclist and enjoys skiing, scuba diving and the occasional round of golf.
- Director at Deloitte LLP with a proven track record of delivery and personal sales credits of >£20 million in less than 4 years.
- Over 3500 fast-jet flying hours operating the Jaguar, the Phantom and the Typhoon in the Nuclear Strike, Attack, Reconnaissance and Air Defence Roles.
- Extensive operational experience in the Balkans, Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Responsible for the introduction of the Typhoon to RAF Service.
- Displayed the Spitfires and Hurricanes of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
- NATO Commander of Kandahar Airfield in Afghanistan, responsible for some 25000 personnel and 170 aircraft whilst under frequent enemy attack.
- Head of Targeting & Information Operations, responsible, inter alia, for developing the MOD’s cyber capabilities.
- Chief of the Defence Staff’s liaison officer to the Pentagon’s Joint Staff throughout the 2011 Libya campaign.
- MOD member of the Olympic Security Board for London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.