Personal information we collect includes details such as your name, email address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a donation), as well as information you provide in any communications between us. You will have given us this information whilst making a donation, registering for an event, placing an order on our website or any of the other ways to interact with us.
We will mainly use this information:
If you do not provide this information, we will not be able to process your donation, sign you up for a particular event or provide goods and services you have requested.
Use of Personal Information
The purposes for which we use Personal Information which is collected as identified above are as follows:
- To process your donations or other payments, to claim Gift Aid on your donations and verify any financial transactions.
- To provide the services that you have requested.
- To update you with important administrative messages about your donation, an event or services or goods you have requested.
- To comply with the Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Act 2016 and follow the recommendations of the official regulator of charities, the Charity Commission, which require us to identify and verify the identity of supporters who make major gifts so we can assess any risks associated with accepting their donations.
- To keep a record of your relationship with us.
- Where you volunteer with us, to administer the volunteering arrangement.
- To perform transactions and respond to inquiries we use basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
- To make our Sites more intuitive and easy to use we use device data.
- To protect the security and effective functioning of our Sites and information technology systems we use basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
- To provide relevant marketing we use marketing data, basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
- To provide customers with updates, reminders, or other information about services or that may interest them we use marketing data, basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
- To address compliance and legal obligations we use compliance data, basic data, registration data, transaction data, and device data.
Sharing of Personal Information
We share Personal Information with the following categories of recipients:
- Employees and Affiliates: We share Personal Information with our employees and within the Company group of affiliated companies as necessary for the purposes identified above. Mandatory disclosures and legal claims: We share Personal Information in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or other governmental request. We also share Personal Data to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
- Contractors: We may disclose Personal Information to contractors to help us support our Site or perform other functions on our behalf. We require such parties by contract to only access Personal Information to the extent needed to provide the functions on our behalf, to maintain appropriate security controls to protect the data, and to use the data for the purposes specified in the agreement.
We do not sell your Personal Information for purposes of allowing others to use such information for their own marketing purposes.
How we collect information about you:
When you interact with us through third parties: This could be if you provide a donation through a third party such as Just Giving or one of the other third parties that we work with.
When you visit our website: We gather general information which might include which pages you visit most often and which services, events or information is of most interest to you. We may also track which pages you visit when you click on links in emails from us. We also use “cookies” to help our site run effectively. There are more details below – see ‘Cookies’.
We use this information to personalise the way our website is presented when you visit to make improvements and to ensure we provide the best service and experience for you. Wherever possible we use anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our website.
From other information that is available to the public: In order to tailor our communications with you to your background and interests we may collect information about you from publicly available sources or through third party subscription services or service providers (we have provided further details about this below – see ‘Profiling: Making our work unique to you’).